Thursday 3 March 2011

Happy Juice

My biggest shock this week was when I took a sneaky peak at the sponsorship forms in the office.  More than half the office had already sponsored me!  I counted £521 from just the forms I could see.  I was really taken aback.  So if any you have made it to my blog -- thank you, it is very much appreciated.   More than anything it means the Golden Bond amount is feeling reachable, which is making me enjoy this run-up to the London Marathon all the more enjoyable.  It is of course helped by doing heaps of training and just feeling great on all the extra endorphins!

Monday was a rest day, though got caught up in a race on the ride home...  Tuesday, I ran out of time to go for a run so I did some strengthening work instead.  Wednesday and this morning have been 6:30am starts in the park before the cycle to work.  Strangely the park is already quite busy at that time with joggers and dog walkers all focused on performing their morning rituals.  I ran for an hour on the Wednesday (around 8 miles) and did around 45 minutes of fartlecking this morning (around 6 miles of sprinting/jogging).  No rain, hurrah, but it has been a bit on the chilly side!

I need to plan a large run for Saturday/Sunday -- more than anything I need to break in the spare 'none-punctured' set of trainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment