Friday 18 February 2011

The end of another week

It was a tough old circuits session last night!  And I am sure it didn't have anything to do with the "race" I got into on my bike on the way home - the sprints are good for the quads.  Interestingly there was less pain in my knees doing things like spotty dogs and jumps than I normally feel -- so running on grass is looking like the way forward to increase the miles while minimising the impact as far as possible.  I am also doing plenty of IT-band stretching and other leg stretches.

I had a fantastic run around Greenwich Park this afternoon, though it could have been a little warmer!  Run time was about 70 minutes with some hill work and the last 30 minutes being a solid run at a good pace, the longest period I have run without a 30s walk for around 3-4 months!  Mentally, it is a bit of a milestone.  More importantly, the knees are still talking to me.

Today I also witnessed some of the generosity of people at work as the sponsorship/donation money started to roll in -- thank you all who have sponsored/donated money already; it somehow makes all the training so worthwhile and is strangely moving.

Total week's exercise:
56 miles on the bike
3 hours 45 mins running
1 hour circuits

Half term next week -- I think I should try to squeeze in a longer run 

No comments:

Post a Comment